Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Moving back

While moving is never easy the return move was the mother of all moves for me.  We had movers come a couple times.

The first time was a week before to get Jacqueline's bed moved to paint the mural and to move the boxes left in the house to the proper floor (mostly to the basement) to make room for the front room floors to be redone.

Then the "big moving weekend" came and it was all a blitz to move out of the rental and back into the house before Bob and the girls got back from a long ski weekend.

 On the huge plus side the construction dumpster was still there as we had not only a move but 15 years of junk to be dispositioned -- I had committed to myself that I wouldn't move back stuff that I didn't think I wanted to actually keep (a tall order!)
 At one point I had two different houses overrun with boxes and plastic wrap.
 God bless Judy for providing food to fuel the process.
 and about this point (after two full days of working non-stop) that I had the panic that it would never end.
 but at some point I did have a path through some of the house.
 and the basement was the salvation taking more and more boxes of unknown origin and destination and keeping them out of sight awaiting Bob's return and help.

Judy also helped out with the kitchen so that before I knew it I had a functioning kitchen.

On day three, Suzie came and joined me for two days -- helping to make it workable for the return of Bob and the girls.  A few months later we considered ourselves mostly unpacked.  I can not stress how thankful I am to not be doing this again.


No comments: