Thursday, September 9, 2010

Back to school night


This was our first back to school nights with two kids. I'm honestly not sure what parents of three kids do as we found two a challenge. I somehow thought we would have time for both -- so I started in Jacqueline's room and Bob started with Ashton's.
Then in a frantic dash at the end I ran to Ashton's room and checked out her work. She had been very specific that I was to look at her self portrait and her letter on her desk. I did manage that as well as pick up the wishlists for the classroom supplies.

Other than that I have no real clue about how second grade works myself. I did get a great feeling about kindergarten (again). It was interesting how I focused on different things for Jacqueline than Ashton and I realized that the curriculum has things that uniquely appeal to each.
I found myself really excited for Jacqueline about all the "discovery" elements and the very concrete approach to math. In the day where they are disproving the theory of "learning styles" I find myself even more convinced of the idea with my very scientific experiment of two girls. I am already observing their learning experiences will be different but that they will both find school something they enjoy and appreciate.

I am so lucky as are they!

No comments: