Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First day of School

Today was Ashton's first day of Kindergarten. We were all very excited about this around the house. She picked out her "apple" dress as the right outfit for the first day and Jani did her hair in the morning. She got a "good luck" call from Heather to help start her out as well.
Then she came home for some photos with the family. Jacqueline also wore her apple dress and was gearing up to go herself. I'm pretty sure Jaq knew she couldn't go today but we didn't stress that too hard in the morning since we were pretty sure that would not yield good results for any of us.
Here are the girls with daddy, notice how nicely coordinated he is with the new paint color in the living room. He really is a stylish guy! You probably already guessed that Ashton is a "latebird" since we all look pretty awake in the photo. Her "normal" schedule will be from 10:15 - 2pm but that schedule will not start for two weeks. Until then we are on a shortened schedule of 10:20 - 12:00 so that's pretty short.
This is Ashton's teacher (Miss Chan) waving at her in the first day chaos. She remembered Ashton's name which made a bigger impression on mom then it did on Ashton. After class I asked how Miss Chan rated offering up a "pretty good" suggestion and I got back a response of "GREAT" so I think the day was a hit.
In fact, I think the only disappointed person today is Jacqueline who was hoping until the last minute that she could go too. In absence of that she wanted to go to her school today (of course hers starts next week). Was a bit of a challenge on the walk home to explain that it wasn't that her parents were stupid and not following her conversation but that today wasn't a school day for her. A+ on her part for attempting to say so many different ways that she REALLY wanted to go to school today.

"I want to stay at Ashton's school"
"I don't want to go to Jani's I want to go to Teacher Nancy's"
" I want you to take me to Teacher Nancy's"
"I want to go to my school first"
and so on... And so it begins, we are parents of children in school.

1 comment:

Jang-Vijay Singh said...

Its wonderful that you list your family as your greatest accomplishment!