As luck would have it, a bit series of meetings at work came up so I got to experience the trip twice (?!) but the visit was a huge success.
Bob and I also worked in an anniversary trip to The Hamptons (you must put a clothespin on your nose to say this correctly) leaving the girls in the care of the Grandparents [armed with M&M's, snack foods and hot dogs of course]. Before we left Jacqueline was quoted as saying "I'm going to miss you so much mommy" and after returning she said "why are you back so soon?"
Trip highlights included
- American Girl store visit with Grams. Including purchase of new dolls, photos, tea and a hotel stay in the city
- Trip to The Plaza for a $50 tea and a view of Eloise's lobby. Grams said the staff played up the Eloise story very well
- Kids rides in Central Park
- Visit to FAO Schwartz
- The Natural History Museum
- West Point Park Revue (created and rated by Ashton -- facilitated by Papa Terry). You will note the clipboard and pencil as each park was carefully rated.
- Hanging out with Grandma and Papa Terry at their house
- Seeing West Point
- Crayola Factory (which would have been better named Museum)
- A local park that the name escapes me, but that we had a nice hike, a merry-go-round ride, saw some zoo animals and were sweating our butts off (you will notice Ashton is cranky and not wanting to look at the camera)
- Some downtown walking in the city and a street vendor purchase of a new handbag for me
- Street cart Gyros, hot dogs and Ice creams. Grams is still looking for her change back from that event, when she couldn't understand how 3 hot dogs and 4 drinks could take a full $20...
The Bear girls were most happy when we were inside with climate control. Thank goodness there are so many nice indoor things to do in New York. It was a blast. The girls were outstanding on the plane and we avoided any kinds of injuries or sicknesses. There were a few days adjustment when we got home but both Bob and I were really enthusiastic at what great travelers we have now.
Thanks to Grams and Papa Terry for the great visit. We appreciate you getting such a fun place to live, we vote for Hawaii next ;-).