Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day at San Mateo Japanese Gardens

Somehow on a Sunday we found ourselves at Central Park in San Mateo. I have never seen it myself (although the girls and Bob had). The [very old] train runs on the weekend and the girls were thrilled to be getting a ride.
Before the train ride we went to the Japanese gardens. Wow, who would have guessed such a pretty park exists right in the middle of town. I've heard it was even more gorgeous years ago but it sure impressed me and the several dozen other families that were going through the park.
We managed to get a photo of me and the girls together. While I attempt this move on a regular basis we are rarely successful having all three heads in the same direction.
Of course it wouldn't be much of a zen garden without koi. These fish seemed very very healthy to my untrained eye. I guess San Mateo takes good care of these guys.
Of course, one of the big attractions was the several different bridges to cross. Dad and the girls were enjoying viewing the fish.

No comments: