Friday, June 8, 2007

Can't give it away



Now I know what you are going to say, you are going to say you could have warned me -- and to that I say "thanks for nothing"! So instead you are going to have to listen to the rant about our couch. How does this relate to the Bear girls -- well very vaguely but they are in the photo so deal.

Anyway here is the story -- I found a new couch, that was slightly smaller then the old couch and a bit less squishy. As you probably know, our family room is the size of a napkin and I'm always looking to find the smallest things to fit in it. So I found this new couch, it was at Costco, it was cheap -- I said what the heck -- and bought it. I then called St. Vincent's to pick up our old one. I specifically told them I had a leather sectional. They gave me a 4 hour window and I stayed home to wait for them.

The two guys show up -- we'll call them "Mutt" and "Jeff" -- and they see the couch and say "we don't take sectionals". I, of course shared a few nice words about how telling me that AFTER I had taken a day to work from home to meet them (in their four hour window) wasn't particularly helpful.

Now, I am looking forward to meeting additional people all weekend to come look at it to see if they want it. Why bother? I wonder myself. I guess b/c I can't seem to get comfortable with throwing out a couch that is still useful -- lord knows there were several times in my life I would have loved to have a couch this nice. But as I said sometimes you just can't give it away.

No comments: