Monday, June 11, 2007

Bear's on Bikes




Took a quick bike ride with the girls this weekend. It's actually getting easier riding with Jaq on the back of the bike. While I'm still too wimpy to take a long ride, (both b/c I haven't biked for "real" in a very long time so I'm out of shape and b/c I'm always dreading the GET OUT moment that comes somewhere along the trip) I am enjoying the short trips we have been taking. I even feel that there is a decent probability that I wont fall -- even though Jacqueline seems to have way more trust in my abilities then she should and is prone to leaning over in her seat.

Saturday was "Art in the Park" so we took off with the idea that we'd go see the sights and maybe hit the park along the way. About 2 miles in I feel something pushing on my back... hmm.. turns out it's Jacqueline's head as she has fallen completely asleep. After pushing her head back a bit and taking off again she flopped forward a second time. I then remembered that the bike seat has a recline position, we rocked her back a bit and took off again.

After finding out that Art in the Park was pretty busy, loud and crowded (hard to navigate with a sleeping baby on the bike) we decided instead to just make good on our promise of the actual park visit. Of course, as soon as we stopped at the park the baby decided to wake up and run around as well.

All in all a happy time for everyone. I did realize that this park was no place for the two girls without two adults as they immediately went in opposite directions. Good thing that both Bob and I were there as its a fairly busy street close by.


Ashton demonstrating the "proper" way to take a rest in the bike seat (note this is file footage from 2006)

No comments: